Ups & Downs of My Life

Saturday, July 30, 2005

4 More Days to My Cruise to Alaska

Yes! It's four more days before I fly to Alaska.


I will be flying to Anchorage on China Airline on the 4th August. It is an early morning flight. I will reach Taipei CKS airport at 11am and spend 4 hours in-transit before I fly straight to Anchorage. Gosh, what am I going to do in that 4 hours. I will spend 1 night in Anchorage and will travel 3.5 hours by land from Anchorage to Seward, a port in Alaska to board the cruise ship.

The cruise ship that I will be taking is Celerity Summit.

Ship Facts :

Occupancy: 2034

Tonnage: 91,000

Length: 965 ft.

Cruisespeed: 24 knots

I will be spending 7 nights onboard the ship.

The cruise starts from Seward down along the straits of Alaska, passing through various port of calls and places of interest such as Hubbard Glacier, Icy Straits Point, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan and finally stopping at Vancouver. The cruise will stop at several ports of call. There are shore excursions that you can take up at each port of call. The main ones are Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.

I am planning for a shore excursion at Juneau where I will visit the Mendenhall Glacier, watching humpback and killer whale as well as having a sumptous meal of fresh wild salmon and other seafood.

At Skagway, I am planning to experience the wild like of Alaska by taking a small cruise to Lynn Fjord. On board of the cruise, I will be able to view wild life such as seals, sealions lazing on the coast. If time permits, I will also visit Musher's Camp where Alaskan sled dogs are train. I will have the opportunity to play with the puppies and also sit on a sled pulled by adult sled dogs across a rain forest.

Alaskan sled puppy

These are the three main shore excursions that I die die want to go. Of course there are other shore excursion that I am interested too but they are too expensive for me to take up. Some can cost up to US$ 600 per pax.

I will reach Vancouver on 12 Aug morning. I will be visiting some "must visit" place listed in most travel guides and websites on Vancouver tourism. I plan to visit the Stanley Park in the afternoon the same day I reach Vancouver. On the 13th Aug, I will be visiting the Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge. That will take one whole day.

On the 14th and 15th of Aug, I will be embarking for a short trip to the Canadian Rockies. I will be taking a motorcoach and travel from Vancouver to Calgary and passing through Whitsler, Lac La Jeane, Banff and Lake Louis. I will be spending one nite in Lac La Jeane on the 14th Aug and the tour ends at Calgary on the 15th Aug evening. I will spend one nite at Calgary and flew back to Vancouver on the 16th Aug.

Photo of Canadian Rockies

I am planning to visit Gastown, Chinatown and Westend in Vancouver on 16th and 17th Aug. Will be doing some shopping and sight-seeing at Robson Square (aka our Orchard Road). I will be flying off on the 18th Aug from Vancouver and reach Taipei CKS airport on the 19th Aug. Will be spending a nite in Taipei before flying back from Taipei to Singapore on the 20th Aug.

Photo courtesy of:

www.celebrity.com

www.brewster.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home