Ups & Downs of My Life

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My First Digital Camera

After reading about many blogs of others, resistance is futil for me. So here I am sitting down writing my first blog.

After do a bit of research, I finally bought my first digital camera so that I can take beautiful pictures during my Alaska Cruise in August. Its the Panasonic Lumix FZ5. It comes with a picture quality of 5 mega pixels and 12x optical zoom. A bit bulky but I like the features that are packed into this camera.

This is a camera that is suitable for beginner who may demands more customisation in their photography in future. Why do I say so? That's because this camera allows you to turn the features on auto as well as manual. But it is not an SLR.I bought this camera last Saturday from Best Denki at Plaza Singapura. I immediate start to read the user manuals when I reach home that day. I also try to play with it as I read the user manual. After playing with it for a while, I decided it is time to stop. So I put the camera into the camera pouch. After I put it into the pouch, I have some difficulty in closing the camera pouch. So I try to force it in a bit. I thought it would be ok. I WAS WRONG! As the camera pouch is rather stiff, it pushed against the camera when I try to force it to close. To my horror, the view finder cover actually came off! I was like....oh...oh....siao liao. I am in big trouble! Just bought the camera for a few hours and it broke! After taking a deep breathe, my mind started thinking for solutions. I remembered the salesman told me that I can exchange for a new set within 7 days of my purchase. So I decided to bring it down tomorrow to exchange. I didn't sleep well that night.

I went to Best Denki the next morning. I told the sales girl what happen. I was expecting some form of resistance and I have prepare all my reasons and excuses to exchange it successfully. But the sales girl immediately told me that they will replace with a new set. No question ask! I was so happy. I went home with a newly replace camera and this time I put it into the camera pouch carefully.:)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice Cam ah!!!
    So envious...hope it will let you capture those beautiful moments on your honeymoon, in 12x optical zoom some more!!! Any tongue scenes will be SEEN!!! :)

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Desmond said…

    Yah, very excited to use it. Still learning some of the features.:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home